At Canterbury Family Dental, we use white fillings as our treatment of choice.
White fillings mimic the natural shade of the tooth, are practically undetectable and provide excellent function for many years.
The composite filling bonds to your natural tooth structure, enabling more of your natural tooth to be retained than in the past.
- all decay is removed – this may be done with the use of an anaesthetic
- a special solution is used to make the surface slightly rough
- a glue to bond the composite material is applied
- the composite filling is placed in thin layers and sculpted to the required shape
- a blue light hardens each layer before the next one is applied
- once the perfect shape is achieved, it is polished to a tooth-like lustre
- the white filling is placed in a single appointment