Porcelain veneers are custom-made shells of tooth-colored material designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve their appearance.
These shells are bonded to the front of your teeth and are used to change the color, shape, size or length of teeth.
Dental veneers are used to correct:
- worn down teeth
- chipped or broken teeth
- misaligned, uneven or irregularly shaped teeth
- gaps between teeth
Veneers are meticulously crafted in a dental laboratory from fine pieces of porcelain and take several weeks to make. The procedure for veneers requires two appointments.
- at your first appointment, the teeth receiving veneers will be lightly buffed removing approximately ½ mm of enamel from the surface – this prevents your veneered teeth from appearing larger than your other natural teeth
- an impression is taken and used as a template by our dental laboratory to craft your veneers
- temporary veneers may be placed while your permanent veneers are being made
- at your second appointment, your teeth are cleaned and receive a coat of a special adhesive to ensure a strong bond between your tooth and the veneer
- the veneer is bonded with dental cement
Talk to us about the suitability of using dental veneers for you.
Call today to make an appointment